7 Ways to Get Started in the First Half of Your Marathon This article is from the podcast by Jeff Sander, author of The 5 AM Miracle and The Free-Time Formula Why a Half Marathon?
I ran more than 50 marathons between training and competitions, it was difficult at first, but after a while it really worked.
In general, it will be very strange. If someone runs 21 kilometers and it takes about 2.5 hours, and the reward for doing it is that they will be in good physical condition. And it took about a month to prepare. Interesting isn’t it!
If I were to honestly say that a full marathon is about 4x heavier than a half marathon, but I guarantee it if you train well for a half marathon. You will pass all the way. The marathon is not difficult.
7 How do you start?
I wasn’t a good runner at first. I’m fat. Drinking, let alone running a marathon, running 3-4 km is bad.
But listen to me, don’t let bad thoughts make you feel bad. Let you know that running is a skill that needs to be learned. It’s not talent at all. No one is born capable of running a full marathon without training.
Today I’m going to tell you 7 easy ways to start running that will make you run a half marathon with ease.
- Accept how far you can run. The biggest problem with new runners is overestimating them. I thought I was able to race and feel comfortable, and ended up with injuries.
- Go for a run, don’t wait! The worst excuse is that I don’t have time. There is nothing there. But the most important thing is to get out and run.
- Set your daily goals. Create a schedule where you will run every week. So smash those tables in the morning. Remember, completing your goals in the morning is always a good start.
- Run, you don’t have to be far. But don’t sneak around, that’s enough. The key to running is that you should be happy to go out and run long distances. Without secretly stopping to walk a lot
- Practice in many ways. Run on the road, hit some trails, or maybe choose to run on a treadmill around the house. Don’t forget to play sports. Even weight lifting or yoga.
- Start thinking of yourself as a runner. Ask yourself if marathon runners would go running. If it rains today? At four in the morning the answer is yes, they go out for a run whether it’s raining or cloudy. Time does not influence your thoughts. only you
- Gradually increase the distance, don’t rush, choose a day of the week to run long distances (long run) starting from 5 to 7 kilometers and gradually increase the distance every week.
I hope everyone has a good and pleasant acquaintance. Let’s try to make it together.
For those who want to run a half marathon. And I don’t know how to start today, the page is working together. Let’s provide it as inspiration.
Of course, the main idea of running 21 kilometers is not complicated. The most important thing is to do it slowly and be happy.
If you really mean it, the body will adjust from small distances to large distances. Inversely proportional to the duration
If these factors are identical, make sure you do
I’ll be fine too…